Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Welcome to our blog:

I am the Wandering Lemurian, also known as Aubrey. I grew up in a healers home, filled with herbs and crystals. My mom made my sister and me all sorts of brews and concoctions when we were sick, couldn't sleep, or just for the fun of creating something tasty for her beloved babes. With the help of her spirit guide Tumaro, she made herbal and aromatherapy blends that she used for foot soaks during her intuitive readings and reflexology foot massages. It was always a treat when she would do a reading for me. 

My mother passed away seven years ago leaving me with her jars of herbs, essential oils, books, and various cryptic notes and recipes relating to herbalism and aromatherapy. Little did I know what lay in store for me in acquiring these gifts. As a young girl I spent most of my days outside climbing trees, talking to animals, or digging for crystals. I have always felt akin to the Earth. I would (and to this day still) sit and converse with her through silent meditation, sending healing hugs of energy to her as a means to convey my love and gratitude for all she has blessed and continues to bless me with. 

Building a connection with the Earth is something I've come to deeply cherish. I am grateful for my mother, for all the past and present herbalists, medicine men and women, spirit guides, friends, and especially to the plants who have been/are apart of my continued learning journey of herbal medicine. To keep the spirit of herbalism alive, I now pass on my shared knowledge to you.

3 comments:

  1. Aubrey, I love this introduction you've written! I'm so happy for you that you're continue to connect with your mom!! And that you've got such an interest in all this good 'stuff'! Your sharing it with all of us is a wonderful gift! I'm so proud of you and love you lots! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you holding classes again? I would love to learn. I caught an old article in the inlander and was instantly curious but got dragged away and lost touch with your contact info. Would you be gracious enough to keep up that sharing?

    Joe

    ReplyDelete